I was nominated for the Liebster Award by thecoffeefox @ Falling Down the Creative Well blog. Thank you so much Coffee Fox! What is the Liebster Award? It is a blogger award that is by bloggers and for bloggers! How cool is that. I think it is pretty awesome.
So who am I?
My name is Lisa M. Collins. I am a native Southerner; educated at the University of Arkansas in The J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. I received a BA history. I reside with my husband and a cat named, Baby Girl, in a sleepy little Arkansas town.
My non-fiction has been published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature. My writing interests are as vast as the stars in the night sky. I copy edited and researched on Understanding Global Slavery by University of California Press, and I proofread and edit for Metahuman Press.
I am the 2013 & 2014 President of ACFW Arkansas. I began writing fiction as an adult, and my current projects include a series of Science Fiction romance novels and a cookbook for the Tea and Cornbread Blog.
I would like to be the empress of The Verse & a onna-bugeisha tiger warrior…but if that doesn’t workout I’ll strive to be a better writer. 🙂
Why do you write?
I write because I get a vision in my head of new places that I haven’t been before, wondrous, futurific places that I want to discover and share. My imagination runs away with me and most days I get lost in my own imaginings. Writing gives me a map back to the places I’ve seen. Without writing those new and exciting places would disappear and the world would be poorer for it.
Who or what do you like to read?
I love to read science fiction, Shifter, Vampire, Romance in all genres, Military histories, Ancient texts by leaders like: Plato, Homer, Tacitus, Confucius, the Bible…I love the written word and to pick out a favorite would be to miss out.
What gives you inspiration?
The short answer…everything. Long answer…books, movies, overheard conversations, tweets off of Twitter, lots of things can spark my imagination. Probably the main thing that makes my inner writer want to clap in glee is quotation from ancient texts.
What is one thing you would like someone who reads your blog to know about you?
That I really do care about my readers. Most of us are chained to desks in our nine-five and the rest of the time we sit either in front of computers or TVs. Even Though this is a blog about writing, books, and authors; I am also very much concerned with the health of writers.
Do you like your given name, and if not what would you change it to?
Yes. But my mom wanted to name me Donya Lee…Thank you Daddy! LOL
What is the dumbest or least favorite question someone has ever asked you?
Is it really that hard to be a writer? Of course it is. If it were easy everyone would do it.
Now for my nominees:
Bonnie J. Sterling for her blog Bonificia
Sandy Anders for her blog It’s A Herd Mentality…
Ann Cooper McCauley for her blog Morning Glory: When God Whispers
Phyl Campbell for her blog Author, Mother, Dreamer
Ursula Vernon for her art blog on deviantART
Here are your questions, Ladies:
- Tell us who you are and what you do?
- Why do you write/create?
- Who or what do you like to read?
- What gives you inspiration?
- What is one thing you would like someone who reads your blog to know about you?
- What is your favorite color? (Seriously.)
- If you had to choose a universe based on a Science Fiction book, TV show, or movie what would it be like and why?
- Do you like your given name, and if not what would you change it to?
- What do you want most out of life?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite cartoon character?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)